At AEEC we establish the “Basis of Design” and “Design Theme” to confirm that the Client’s stated objectives are reflected in the Design Brief alongside reviewing the local planning requirements.
- Concept Design
- Initial sketch design proposals and allocation of principle spaces.
- Schematic Design
- Schematic Design Stage services will develop and elaborate on the approved Concept Development to finalise the overall exterior image and organization of the building plans and the immediately surrounding site.
- Design Development
- Further develop the Project’s design and define its building systems, including design of public areas within the building, ground floor lobby design, typical floor plans, principal architectural details, building sections / elevations, and exterior skin design.
- Tender and Conditions of Contract Technical Specifications Schedule of Rates Design Intent Drawings Any other relevant reports related to the Design construction The clients are taken through the above stages of design and they can be rest assured that we will ensure a smooth and hassle free process right from concept to completion.
The objective of project management is to produce a complete project on site which complies with the client’s objectives, and to monitor and oversee all the project managers, designers, contractors and sub-contractors on site.
The primary intention is to ensure that the project is delivered within the stipulated timeframe and budget strictly in accordance to the approved drawings and specifications. AEEC will be involved right through the construction process and also through the defects liability period.
AEEC will arrange for the Site Survey and Soil investigation prior to establishing the Structural concept for the building based on the concept design approved by the client.
Define and coordinate with the architectural design, the structural options and preferred solutions in order to integrate into overall design Intent relative to the spatial and services engineer’s requirements.
Design the structure in accordance to the local authority guidelines and obtain necessary approvals for the same.
AEEC will design and incorporate proposed electrical and mechanical spaces including designing the layout of main equipment Design and coordinate major Mechanical (HVAC), Electrical and Plumbing (MEP), vertical and horizontal distribution systems with the building design.
All service aspects of the Building services design, including location and installation of equipment and plant, service voids and access for maintenance and replacement.
We will also review with Specialist Lighting engineers (if appointed) the type of lighting by area with appropriate limitation levels and control identified for all areas.
With decades of experience designing the interiors of commercial buildings, Hotels and Luxury villas, AEEC has the expertise to design the interiors of any given space, to satisfy the client’s requirements.
Interiors are not usually included in the Architectural contract. The interior design of the project will be carried out as a separate contract if required by the client.
- Floor finishes
- Ceilings including acoustic treatment wherever required
- Wall finishes, partitioning including demountable portioning if required
- Lighting and Light Fixtures
- FF&E as required
- Air-conditioning and ventilation ducts including grills and diffusers
Architect of record is the architect or architecture firm whose name appears on a building permit issued for a specific project on which that architect or firm performed services.
We are a grade 1 license holder in Sharjah with unlimited license to design and supervise projects of unlimited height. If you are an architect or an architecture firm working on a project in Sharjah, you can choose to work with AEEC as a local to the project site as we are skilled in that particular area of expertise. AEEC then becomes the “architect of record.”
This type of working relationship is common when architects win design bids but find themselves in need of architects with more practical skills or knowledge of local conditions. Or more pragmatically, the architect simply needs an architect who is local to the project site, facilitating quicker site visits and project oversight. As the local architecture firm we are then responsible for corresponding with city agencies about code compliance, tender documents, client communication and creating up to 90 percent of the construction documents and carry out construction inspections.